As a condition of publication in Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication, all authors agree to the following terms of licensing/copyright ownership:
- First publication rights to original work accepted for publication is granted to Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication but copyright for all work published in the journal is retained by the author(s).
- Works published in Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication will be distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). By granting a CC-BY license in their work, authors retain copyright ownership of the work, but they give explicit permission for others to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy the work, as long as the original source and author(s) are properly cited (i.e. a complete bibliographic citation and link to the JLSC website). No permission is required from the author(s) or the publishers for such use. According to the terms of the CC-BY license, any reuse or redistribution must indicate the original CC-BY license terms of the work.
- Exceptions to the application of the CC-BY license may be granted at the editors’ discretion if reasonable extenuating circumstances exist. Such exceptions must be granted in writing by the editors of the Journal; in the absence of a written exception, the CC-BY license will be applied to all published works.
- Authors may enter into separate, additional contractual agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work, with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online in institutional/disciplinary repositories or on their own websites. Pre-print versions posted online should include a citation and link to the final published version in Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication as soon as the issue is available; post-print versions (including the final publisher's PDF) should include a citation and link to the journal's website.
All materials published on the JLSC website are distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, unless otherwise noted.